As most of you already know, I had major issues getting the garden started this year. In fact, I’m still really struggling with motivation. However, I did manage to make it outside today to lay down some trellis netting on one of the zinnia beds.
While I had originally planned to trellis all of the zinnias, I quickly found that I had inadvertently made most of the flower beds too wide.
As you can see, I’m just using regular trellis netting. Most commonly, flower farmers use horti net for horizontal use. I already had this old stuff, so there was no sense in buying something new.
This will be the first year that I’ve used horizontal netting. I think it will be really interesting to see whether or not it is worth the effort.
This week, I hope to finish cleaning out and planting that bed on the left full of sunflowers. You can see I still haven’t picked up my seed packets from my direct sowing. When it’s done, the garden will be completely full! So exciting!